Sunday, March 13, 2005

Are those bugle boy jeans you’re wearin’?

Hell nah hoe, you know they PO-LO’s.

I’ve been thinking about this because I’ve been wanting to buy a ‘cool’ pair of jeans, but the more I think about it, no jeans are really ‘cool’. I could go with Levi’s, but that’s too old-skool, maybe a little country, and at times a little feminine (I think because it’s one of those androgynous brands that makes men’s and women’s clothing).

There’s Lee … but Lee was always sort of whack. Besides, they’re not Levi’s.

Then there’s the whole ‘hip hop’ attire, Fubu, Sean John, Rocca Wear, etc… I could get those but they’re too flashy – I actually doubt they have just a normal pair of blue jeans, I think they come in black, maroon or mustard. Should normal guys be wearing jeans?

It seems that Jeans are marketed as the gear of choice for tobacco chewin’ horse straddlers, construction workers, or anyone who feels like walking down the street with their shirt off… and messy hair.

The underlying issue though is when or where I would wear jeans. Probably wouldn’t wear them at work. (Usually play the business casual game). Wouldn’t always go out with them on the weekends. (You never know, you might end up someplace with the dreaded dress-code). So that gives me about 5 hours on weekdays, and sunrise – sunset on weekends. Jeans is not ‘exercise’ gear, so you can knock any exercise time off your “Hours I would wear Jeans” time slots.

So, Why get Jeans, ever? Why not get some decent dress pants, some khaki pants, maybe even some corduroys. That way, I would have pants that I could realistically wear on more occasions. Not to mention the complexities and serious decisions that come along with getting jeans: Fitted? Regular? Boot Cut? Loose? Comfortable? Light Blue? Dark Blue? Black? Faded? … Etc.

It’s actually not worthy of such a lengthy discussion. I’ll end up buying the damn things anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blogarama