Monday, April 11, 2005

Sin City

This was the highlight of my weekend, hands down. This is the coolest movie I’ve seen in a while. It’s rare that you get to see a movie where every single character has depth. Most movies have a bunch of gratuitous bozos – Why? To chill on the set I guess.

First of all, I’m not a big comic book person; I usually find them hard to follow and too much clutter going on everywhere. In general, I’m also the type of person who “waits for the movie to come out.” I’m not familiar with Frank Miller’s graphic novels, so I went into this with nothing more than a few Internet hits on Rosario Dawson.

The technical stuff is just incredible, the kind of stuff that breaks grounds.

The movie is just too good to sit here and dissect every little thing and give you a traditional synopsis/ review. Just go see it.

However, I must say my peace about Devon Aoki’s (2 Fast 2 Furious) character Miho … Oh Miho, Deadly Little Miho; “you're an angel, you're a saint, you're Mother Teresa, you're Elvis”. THIS, ladies and gentlemen is by far the most badass character to date, EVER. I don’t want to give too much away but you know that’s definitely true when this is the line right before Miho hit the screen:

" Oh sugar, you’ve just gone and done the dumbest thing in your whole life."

So, I'll leave you all to enjoy the splash of Red that is Rosario Dawson's Lip Stick. Ggrrrrr.


Bad to the bone Posted by Hello




Note: I read some user review online where some girl was offended and thought this movie was “degrading to women”. You fucking fool! Watch the movie again.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Rosario Dawson? Where's Jessica Alba?

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blogarama