Tuesday, April 05, 2005

It's this one thing...

”That got me trippin' Oooh, oooh aaahhh oooh”. “Something something”, “I'm hot as shit and I sing too fast ... Oooh, oooh, aaah Oooh.”

What a hot song, It's been a while since I've heard a bumper like this one. So does this mean GoGo is back? Maybe, who cares, but D.C.’s finest, Amerie, is looking fly as hell doing her GoGo thing in that video. I just wish I didn't have to Google this "1 Thing" to figure out what she's saying ... Maybe that's what I like, a song that makes me go and do some research afterwards – It was hard enough to find it in the first place and I had to buy it on iTunes (to ensure the mp3 quality, the others all sucked).

AND ... the REMIX ... well wait, there's already 3 (THREE!??!!) remixes for the song. But they’re all the same beat (?!?!!?), same singing, and just a different rap verse added after Amerie’s vocals on each one of the remixes [(Jay, Eve and Fox – respectively) (Thanks K.H. for the info)]. Wow - that’s weak, also, Didn’t Jay-Z already retire? What was that whole deal with the black album?

Can’t wait ‘til Missy and Tim get a hold of this one.

So if you ain’t figured out, this is the song I’m obsessed with for the time being. By “obsessed with”, I mean it’s bumpin’ on repeat 24/7. Until I get sick of it. My ‘obsessions’ can last anywhere from my ride to work to as long as the entire week. “1 Thing” has dethroned “Lovers Rock” It’s sort of old, but I had found this new appreciation for it… and now it’s lost again.

I’m falling a day behind on this shit, so I think this will be the post where I can catch-up. The intermediate and weak post that has to suffer the effects of falling a day behind – because I have to now go and try to find the video for my 24/7 viewing pleasure.

Na-Na-Na-Na-Na … It’s this one thing; I want to admit it…”

Note: You notice how many times she tries to say “Na-Na-Na-fie”? Coincidence? I don’t think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blogarama