Friday, April 29, 2005

Virus in My Chicken

I spent all of Thursday evening trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with my computer. Apparently there's some sort of virus lovin' up on my system - great.

Rewind to Thursday morning, I wake-up all disheveled and confused, go to the bathroom briefly and then come out to my computer to post on this shit. Well, little did I know, that I left my MSN messenger on all night (which happens quite often) and MSN doesn't have away messages, you can go on 'AWAY' mode but people are still gonna message you. So... whenever I leave it on, I wake up in the morning and filter through a bunch of messages that I received IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.
Note: Almost everyone on my MSN list is on an entirely different time-zone (which is a reason for me to sometimes leave it on, because otherwise I would have NO communication ability with said folk) so it's more acceptable that I get messaged at 3 a.m. EST.

Thursday morning is here, and everyone knows how I am in the morning ... I'm looking through one of my messages and there is a link pasted over 10 times in the same message window with the occassional interruptive "LOOK! it's YOU!" and "CLICK HERE!"

For fuck's sake, why did I go and click on that shit. That's like clicking on an email from 'Lonely Lina' (frequents my inbox) "Hi, I am 18 Yer Old Russan Freshgirl in college, I be bored, so I get it and buy Webcam, come watch tricks I learn in America." You just know it's trouble, or at the least a pop-up party on your desktop! EVERYONE knows that you DON'T CLICK on stupid things that get your attention in email such as subject lines: "Sorry" "You were right" "Hey, You there?" and a shit-load of some other dumb shit.

I got the email thing down, but again, why I clicked on the MSN message link, I don't know. But it gets worse ....

Not only did I click on the link, which took me to a shady blank page which then prompted a download dialogue, but I did something even worse. You know the download box that comes up, and you can hit CANCEL, or NO or SAVE AS, well yeah, any of those would have been cool, but I fucked up and clicked on OPEN right away. I AT LEAST should have clicked on 'SAVE AS' and that way gave a chance for my anti-virus Piece of SHIT software to try and do something. I guess I should know better than to do what I did and then spend the rest of the evening cursing at the little yellow shield in the bottom right hand corner of my desktop.

If L.H. could hear this story he would blow-up like no other Dr./ English teacher ever has. Len was my old boss, where? AT A COMPUTER LAB where I had to manage over 60 computers that get regularly assaulted by the college-kid public!!!! My job for over a year was to handle that shit, keep viruses out, clean shit up (on slow days we could play X-BOX on the 15 ft. projection screen, or you know, watch a DVD or two). Granted it was early in the A.M. I should have at least had an ounce of computer savvey still left in me.

I knew I should have stuck to the damn cafeteria with my little blue shirt (later promoted to a RED shirt, mind you) with the hat to match, and black apron. There, I would serve endless scoops of General Tso Chicken (or Taco Salad or Cheesecake or make Subs -- one time this one girl asked me to "please put a smiley mustard-face" on her turkey and swiss?!?!!?) to Freshman sorority sweethearts who went back to their dorms, huffed it up, and then probably all met up in the bathroom for a throw-up orgy. It was quite a fascinating cycle.

I gotta run now, but I wrote all this and don't even know what shall come of it, as I still suspect the virus is doing it's thing on my system. Maybe It'll turn my garbage words into some magical, sense-making writing, Or ... automatically post up pictures of 'European Nannies' doing what they do best. I think you should settle for whatever comes out.

Happy Friday.

Note: My BEST work at the cafeteria came at my register/ cashier position days. It felt good to have "the powers that be" when it comes to, you know, 'CHARGING' for food that would otherwise get dumped in the dumpster at the end of the night.

3 Comments:

Blogger aNON said...

That was some Limited Edition shit.

I took it down because I have to do it by hand, THEN, it will come back as some seriously HOT shit/ The Quote will come back as well, I might have to watch The Paradise Room scene again, you know, to try and get some more quotes.

9:07 AM  
Blogger aNON said...

Yeah - "The Ranting Republican" has a short temper when it comes to ... LIBRALS like yourself. Haven't you learned anything?

My favorite was her pointing out your 'errors' -- the whole thing with "Terrarist" versus "Terrorist" (and I personally would like to add in "Tur'rist" as option C).

Spare us all.

However, I STILL want to know where American Idol stands on the Political Arena. Dr. 90210? The Littlest Groom? Who Wants to Marry My Dad?

3:25 PM  
Blogger aNON said...

Probably the only good thing on FOX. No? Oh except that one time where they decided to make Bush president.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blogarama