Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Obsession #405

Yup. I've concocted a new fragrance that may or may not launch sometime in the near future. The hope is to at least market it by 2007, because 2007 is apparently "My Year". (I saw a psychic one time and they said that 2007 will be "it" - Don't know what that means, but it seems like a long-ass time away ... why couldn't I have gotten 2005 or something sooner). Seriously though, something better happen in 2007 and it better involve mucho dineros (could it be possible that I'd win some sort of jackpot? I really think about this every single night).

But no, there's really no fragrances involved, instead:

I saw a preview for The Skeleton Key Well ...And ... Now ... I have a new obsession (on top of everything else, I'm telling you, there's not enough hours in the day). Get a load of that trailer. Unbelievable. Unfortunately, we have to wait until August or some other time this coming summer which basically means forget about it until you see the 'NOW PLAYING' commercials.

I don't really classify this as a 'horror', I prefer to think of it as a less-menacing 'drama'. Horror just sounds bad and nobody will go and see it with you (in the past, I have had to shamelessly lie and say things like: this is cool, it's a 'romantic comedy' you'll like it, it's about a guy who wants to propose to his girlfriend ... and I took my friend to see 'The Ring'). Terrible, I know - but someone has to do it.

Also, Will this be the movie where I finally get to appreciate Kate Hudson. In my opinion, Kate is currently what I would classify as a 'C' list celebrity, maybe even a 'D' - she's just whack. I Didn't really care for her much in her break-out "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." However, watching someone go crazy before your eyes (as I assume will happen in The Skeleton Key will always up their street cred in my book of street creds.

Tag line for TSK: There are those who practice little known rituals of magic and witch-craft --conjure and sacrifice. Shit, you know that nothing gets my blood boiling like the aforementioned ... "finer" things in life. Especially the part about 'conjure'. Very charming - but I do insist (and everyone knows) that the best things in life are "little known rituals". Not much more to say on TSK. We shall see what amounts of it.

Oh, another main reason why I think it's going to be a good one is that in all 'mediocre' horror film trailers, you're usually able to catch a glimpse of 'whatever-it-is' that's making everyone go nuts (like a guy wearing an Alien Nation(?) mask slashing up actors on a movie set ... just look at that). This one doesn't really give you anything, just some shady, shady characters everywhere.

Note: moral of this piece? I don't know, quite a few... but mainly the thing about Kate Hudson ... There's also quite a few more 'leading ladies' that I just don't understand what the hoop-lah is all about ... Kirsten Dunst, terrible and quite whack; Renee Zellweger, the whackest one of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blogarama