Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Whack Tuesday

I hate Mondays but I hate Tuesdays even more. What a waste of 24 hours. If we could somehow eliminate Tuesday from our lives, things would be much easier. You go from Monday to Humpday and the weekend is within’ reach.

I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought to myself was it’s a Tuesday so I’m hereby bracing myself for a boring, non-eventful in every aspect of the descriptions, long day. Naturally, as I write this, I feel uninspired, disinterested and just plain out of it.

For some bizarre reason, I’ve always been cautious of Tuesday. I’m sure there’s a couple more in history but from recent memory, I distinctly recall ‘BAD’ things happening on Tuesdays.

- September 11, 2001 (A Tuesday)
- Columbine High School (A Tuesday)


All throughout high school and college, I also painfully remember that my least favorite classes were on Tuesday. My Math classes were on Tuesday …back to back for FOUR periods and it was a living hell. Although good at it, I had absolutely ZERO interest in the subject. I’m not one to quit … but I just quit that shit like it was no one else’s business (well, that’s sort of true … isn’t it?). I remember my last ‘report’ from Mr. McInerny talking about:

”Nafie has the potential to do very well in P1 (Pure Mathematics) and M1 (Mechanics) if he would only apply himself and show more interest. Nafie has even expressed an interest in dropping the subject, which would be a shame.”

Please. I guess it was at that exact moment that I knew what type of career I wanted to pursue and it was NOT mathematics (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

History class was on Tuesday. I didn’t really mind History that much; in fact I liked it –It was mainly focused on European History, the World Wars, etc. Miss Daly was a trip – we just couldn’t understand a single word she said. I could swear that her description of a strigil (an old skool device used to scrape skin) contained the word “DICK”. She kept saying: “it’s this metal piece and there’s a bump on it … like a Dick.” (?!?!!??)

One thing we understood was that if you bring SOMETHING relevant into class, you get extra points. And I was desperate for points … so … I managed to get some deer antlers (one of my friends had a farm with deer antlers lying around) and carried them like CRAZY MAN all around school until we went into History class (last period). When asked why is this relevant to history class? I went on a ramble about how the ROMAN gladiators used to fight with animals, and this is perhaps an example of what would be left. Unlike my classmates (and Miss Daly), I managed to barely contain my laughter AND got those ‘extra points.

Can you picture that? MAXIMUS, MAXIMUS in all his might is going up against … BAMBIE!

Bamboozled Update:

Well, the weekend went by extremely fast but ain’t nothing new there. I did however manage to call CONcast and tried to unbamboozle myself. Tried is the operative term. Those bastards …

I call and this time it’s a guy on customer support. I explain my situation and he “pulls up a detailed account view”. After “reviewing” my account, he determines that the previous rep was correct and that my situation yielded 20 dollars and some change. When asked why it was so skimpy, he told me that I took advantage of a promotion they had for digital cable.

1) The promotion for FREE digital cable ran for 4 months.
2) I have been paying for Digital Cable for 4 months (IS THIS ONE OF THOSE AUTO-RENEW bullshit things?)
3) The difference between standard cable and digital cable is 5 dollars and change.
4) 5 and change x 4 = 20 and change (How do you like me now Mr. McInerny?)

There it goes, no free six months of cable, no early retirement, no lawsuit lottery (what happened to that guy with the ‘finger’ in his custard?) and back to my original point … Tuesdays suck.

Note: Maybe something CRAZY will happen at work. I bought this realistic-looking but fake big-mouse/ rat that I should take in and 'THROW' on people.

2 Comments:

Blogger aNON said...

Well, it's 4:10 and nothing 'CRAZY' has happened at work.

I just re-read this post and ...Leave it to me to 'shun' a whole entire day of the week. That was weird. Tuesday and I should reconcile and we will.

4:10 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Not only that but I get an occasional Monday off work, like this upcoming Memorial Day. Tuesdays on the other hand, I never get them off work.
Tuesdays suck.
And watch. I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming zombie plague starts on a Tuesday.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blogarama