Tuesday, June 14, 2005

For ...

The love of god, will everybody give it up with the Michael Jackson talk? If you’ve been living under a rock, Michael Jackson was acquitted of all charges against him and is a free man. People are already ‘upset’ at the verdict and think the man should have bitten at it and I don’t understand why. There were 12 adults who didn’t think so and that’s what mattered. There’s people who know absolutely NOTHING about the Michael Jackson trial feel the need to convict him.

I’ve seen this happen with the O.J. Simpson trial and it’s unfortunate that until today, A LOT of people feel “O.J. did it.” Well guess what … nobody gives a fuck what you feel; he DIDN’T do it (and I’m quoting). It’s also bothersome to hear the ‘theories’ of why he got off. He was Black, He was Rich, and He was Famous; Boo Hoo – Go and suck a rock.

If you fail to see that your “opinion” that you throw around with the weight of ‘freedom of speech’ violates his (I’m arguing ‘more fundamental’) right to a fair trial than I think we have a problem. Should there perhaps be a hierarchy of rights? Should one right (that means the difference between someone going to jail for life, or in other cases sentenced to death) trump another right? I don’t know.

I was initially going to write this without voicing my own personal opinion for fear of my pot calling your kettle black. But it’s my blog and I can do whatever I want. No? However anything I say will indeed contradict what I have already written. So I ain’t saying shit. Just let it go. And … here we go (for all time’s sake):

You fussed at O.J. and “This time around” you’re crying foul again. “Black or White”, “In the Closet” or not, “Bad” as you think the verdict was, you can “Scream” about it as much as you like, you can write a “Thriller”, or express your desire to “Wanna Be Startin’ Somthin” but it will never change and I didn’t make the rules up so “Why You Wanna Trip On Me?” “Remember the Time” when things were a lot less complicated? I don’t. “Everybody is Somebody’s Fool” and someone had to lose. “Maybe tomorrow” you will get your way but until then “Cry” in solitude or remain "Speechless

It’s “Human Nature” to want to express what you feel, but “I can’t help it” and feel the need to call you out. “Another part of me” wants to let you slide … but I’m humble enough to realize that it’s not my job to “heal the world,” “Smile” and have us all “Come Together” in agreement. Take solace in the fact that “You Are Not Alone” and quite a few others feel that he is indeed a “Smooth Criminal” and would ask the jurors “Is It Scary?” to have a twice-accused child molester free to walk. Either way, “It Doesn’t Matter,” stop being a “Tabloid Junkie” for “One Day in Your Life.” Disgusted is a good description for “The Way You Make Me Feel.” Take a long look at the “Man In the Mirror", and for “One Day in Your Life” ask yourself “Who Am I to Judge?”

If all else fails, Just MOTHERFUCKIN’ “Beat It.”

Note: I tried all weekend to go and see “CRASH.” I was finally able to go and see it last night and it was a very good decision. Everyone should see this movie, it was just incredible, deep and very well executed. I guess in some small way, this movie has indeed changed my life.

11 Comments:

Blogger United We Lay said...

I have a list of things on my blog that happened while CNN was reporting on ackson. It's absurd that we focus so much on something so trivial.

12:50 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I must have been living under a rock because I had no idea until I read someone else's blog. PC had an excellent post about what's been going on in the world as we've been having Michael Jackson's case crammed down our throats.

3:55 PM  
Blogger aNON said...

I'm still not watching any television and I found out about it online. (pretty late, since I went to see that movie and was in a dark, cool, loud room of escape for 2 or so hours).

PC, I read your post on the concurrent/ ignored world events. In all fairness, none of that stuff is "NEWS" in mainstream U.S. media. I watched for a month (back when I used to watch television) as the evening newscast had 'LIVE CAMS' tracking a whale stuck in a river.

ZS, will you buy (or pay-download) the next Michael Jackson album?

5:32 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

The question is, why isn't that stuff important to us?

6:26 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Hello. Thanks for stopping by and I'll answer your question as smartly as I can.

I've been writing online since 2001 but in various alter-egos and I decided that I missed writing as me, no alter egos no bullshit so I started up my blog.

As an actor it also 'acts' as a promotional tool and also a wonderful free digital archive of my thoughts.

Hope that answers your query?

Take care.

7:27 PM  
Blogger aNON said...

PC:

It's not really "important" to us. Most people (living in America) are so disinterested in world events and "bored" with their lives that the News cast has become more of an avenue for entertainment.

The "off-beat" news is what most people are looking for (which is why the 'whacky' stories are always at the end of a news cast, so they can fill you up with as many commercials as they can, before you get to see your damn whale in a river).

People want to know why there was a turkey-head stuffed in the thanksgiving frozen turkey, and they want to know how the family reacted. Some want this for a decent laugh and some want it because they just try to escape from everything else. Hear no Evil, See no Evil, Speak No Evil and I guess Think? no Evil.

8:18 PM  
Blogger aNON said...

DHG:

thanks for the response. Was surprised to learn you were an actor. My impression was that you were into something related to politics/ activism.

Apart from the occasional plug of a show, I notice that you are very passionate about your political views. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, just an observation. It's not what I would personally invest my energy in.

a) Because I know I will not convince the entire world to agree with me.

b) It's out of my control. I can blog until Iraq is free but what is that really contributing to said cause.

c)In the grand scheme of things, I am a nobody (Thankfully So).

8:25 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

yea I limited it to one post before the verdict, I refused to follow it closely until I heard there was a verdict that was going to be read. I am just glad it's over to be honest, I've seen enough of MJ for the rest of my life, the guy is just too damn weird. Hopefully he'll have learned a lesson and not sleep with little boys in his bed.

9:05 PM  
Blogger aNON said...

Next album's gonna be hot. I've already pre-ordered on Amazon. You?

Can't wait for the first post-trial dance-tastic music video!!!

9:15 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Cultureshocked - you know, I've always felt his talent was in his performance, not his musical ability. I think his music is all right at best, but as a performer, none are better. So I'd rather see a live show than buy a record of his.

12:14 PM  
Blogger aNON said...

Have never seen one of his LIVE shows. I bet he grabs his crotch a lot more when performing LIVE.

I actually don't know if I would want to be in a LIVE Michael Jackson show ... he has some NUTTY/ CRAZY fans ... just insane, and very weird people.

Although, being among those freak shows would make good blogging material.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blogarama