Thursday, June 02, 2005

T = 2Π [ L / g]

The entire weekend was just weird. It’s hard to describe, it was one of those eventful weekends that seemed more strenuous than your weekday 40 (or 60, or 80 … you know, depending on how much of a dedicated PUSH-OVER you are).

(BAD) So I guess it would behoove me to start my ‘bizarre chain of events’ from that weird weekend. Saturday, I found out that I had just lost 250 million dollars. It’s ok; I’m over it now.

(GOOD) I drove down to Washington DC for some relaxing family time. Dramatics, Percocet and the threat of contracting pinkeye aside, it’s always nice to be around family. I hereby call for extra points for my driving skills for managing to (successfully) maneuver my way through THOUSANDS of motorbikes and tourists EVERYWHERE (some of those rides were hot).

I had something planned for Monday, so it was absolutely imperative that I made it out of DC and back home on Sunday night AT ALL COSTS. Sure enough, after being suckered into a BBQ and card games, I hit the road at 11:00 p.m.

(BAD) I eventually got home around 2 a.m. Monday morning. Needless to say, I overslept my occasion the next morning and never made it. (Sorry!) After all that dedication and determination, I just overslept.

(GOOD) My Memorial Day was spent ‘recharging’ for the upcoming shorter week. It was a day where I got to fix that damn table that was always tripping me up and I FINALLY Installed Chess Master 10 (There you go Panama …NOW I’m hooked and I will not rest until my ranking shoots up to above 1500 … where I feel I belong) – this one has been a long time (several months) coming. Thanks for the step-by-step instructions/ walk-through.

I had a late breakfast/ early lunch (is that what Brunch technically is?) around 10:30 or so. Spent the entire day being as unproductive as possible and before I knew it, it was now 4:30 p.m. All of a sudden I was hungry again and decided to go out to the store to grab something to eat.

Prior to leaving town on Friday, I had noticed the signs telling us NOT to park on our street between 4pm and 8pm because of a parade. I completely forgot about that, and getting back as late as I did, I just parked where it was most convenient.

Though I overstayed my allowance by thirty minutes, I completely and (initially) unknowingly lucked out for getting hungry and going to grab a bite. I was gone for 15 minutes, upon my return and attempt to park, I was alerted by an across-the-street neighbor that I would get ticketed if I park there and that “Those guys over there just got $150.00 tickets each.” I couldn’t believe it. It was only then that I remembered the No Parking warnings and out of the whole day, my 15-minute feeding frenzy was coincidently out-of-this-world timing to avoid the ticketing orgy. I guess all my stars and suns were aligned… and it gets better.

I then set out to look for a new and ‘legal’ parking spot (all the side streets were packed because all the other cars from my street parked on them). I made ONE loop around the block, and not only did I find THE LAST parking spot, I found the last parking spot and before I could even back into the spot … the police shut down that street and every other side street in preparation for the parade. I don’t even know what the scenario would have been had there not been a spot. Would I have just sat there in my car for 4 hours (because if there wasn’t a spot … I couldn’t have gotten out of that street)?

All this overwhelmed me, and being the type of person who usually prefers to give the BAD NEWS first, then the GOOD NEWS … I decided Tuesday morning should be about my “bad/lack of” luck with the powerball lottery. So naturally the logical progression is that I would have written all this in Wednesday’s post – right? Well you see, I intended to write this on Wednesday morning but I didn’t plan for a little something we like to call TUESDAY night.

The luck-pendulum swings and that fucker swung back, and it swung back in style. As a matter of fact, it swung back harder than a Samsonite briefcase on a bully.

(BAD) After chilling with some friends, I return home TUESDAY night ready for bed. The apartment was hot, the weather outside was cool and breezy so I figured I would open my windows for some natural cooling. Why the Fuck does my ONLY screen-less window in the apartment SHATTER into a million pieces and sends the glass flying STRAIGHT down into oblivion. Where exactly? … Onto Kevin's window, right beneath my apartment.

To be honest, I just didn’t want any part of it. I just wanted to sleep and ignore the magnitude of what just happened … Maybe it’ll all go away in the morning. That wasn’t happening … not if I wanted to avoid a ‘KNOCK, KNOCK’ from Kevin. So I did what any “good neighbor” would do … I stuck my head outside the broken window and waited for Kevin to stick his head out the window (which would have been a very stupid move considering it had just been raining sharp glass).

Kevin got the benefit of the doubt and mere seconds later; he walked out of his apartment and came around to the alley:

- Hello? Anyone out there? (I guess he thought someone was trying to break-in, I should have ran away with this one... "FREEZE motherfucker")
- Hey man, no one’s out here, my window just shattered, I don’t know why.
- What? Are you serious? How did it shatter?


Did you fucking hear a single word I said? Do you see the glass before you … and did you hear the shatter? What do YOU think? Am I serious? My real answer was a much more subdued (and boring): “Yeah, I’ll give Stacey a call about it in the morning. Sorry if I woke you up -- Good night.

And I slept it off. I haven’t called Stacy yet because I don’t want to interrupt my workday. You see, there is STILL only ONE KEY to my apartment and I haven’t copied it yet to give to her. Which would mean I would have to come back and let the maintenance guys in. (Although, there IS a broken window that they could use to get in …hmmm).

(GOOD?) If the sequencing about all this is correct, next up for me is something ‘good’. I am very excited about believing that.

Note: Today is my one-week anniversary of NO TELEVISION. Surely, I’m excused if my observations are a little hyper sensitive/ completely fucking whacko!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

What do you mean by NO television? Just no cable? Do you rent movies, buy DVDs?

We have no cable and where we live, we get zero channels. So the only thing we can watch are VHS tapes and DVDs. So that sort of is no television. But as soon as football season comes again, Mrs. Zombieslayer and I will be at the bar with burgers and pitchers of beer watching our beloved Packers.

10:39 PM  
Blogger aNON said...

I still have cable. I just don't turn my TV on. I quarantined the remote and make a conscious effort to avoid turning the television on.

I don't own a DVD player (only on my computer) and VHS is a little whack. So I barely watch VHS/ DVDs.

I'm more of the type who goes to the movies and watch them as they come out.

GO FALCONS!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Monica Stone and i would like to show you my personal experience with Percocet.

I am 35 years old. Have been on Percocet for 7 days now. It did help the pain but the side effects weren't worth it. I'd rather have the pain.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
nausea, very itchy, racing heart, anxiety, flashing lights(almost hallucinogenic?), weird dreams, tiredness

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Monica Stone

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blogarama