Monday, March 21, 2005

Got a Jones in Ma' Bones ...

Well, not really, my bones are well / completely healed. Thank you to all for the kind cards, cookies and flowers. So… what is the first thing to do now that I’m BACK?

St. Patrick’s Day was too momentous an occasion to make my return. So… we decided to take it easy that night (or did we?) … HOWEVER, I think Kevopalooza is the perfect event to make my reentry into the world … the world of PARTY that is.

Kevopalooza is an annual event, located in Northern New Jersey. The purpose of the event is to celebrate the birthday of K.M. or as K.M. likes to call it “The Second Annual K.M.’s Alive Festival” I missed the first (and original) Kevopalooza because I lived out in Ohio. Boo! But now that I’m back in the east coast, I will definitely be among the attendees.

I’ve been warned that this year will be intense. Let me paste K.M’s description of this thing … (and I CANNOT make this up…)

Definitely having the party on FRI March 25th at the 401! *Karaoke Machine*. And there will be an MC to introduce ALL the guests on the PA. So... gimme an MP3 or a Audio cassette, or a compact disc with a 15 to 30 second clip of your own theme music w/ a typed bio of your stats, greatest party moments, and your signature moves. For instance: I usually be rockin the Sweat Bands, callin people out in Dance offs, Spitting Beer on the Ceiling, and gettin shot down by copious amounts of chicas.
2nd Annual KMAF!


Ahem … Theme music? To be honest, I must admit that I’ve been taking this very seriously. I’ve been rifling through my iPod looking for a hot tune to make my theme/ intro music. I think the reason is because I used to watch WWF, now World Wrestling Enterprise (?) back in the day (the days of Big Daddy Cool Diesel, Razor Ramon, Undertaker, and of course, Sable – before she got fired the first time) ... and WWF was big on that, everyone had their own theme music, and you KNEW who it was before you saw them. Slick.

Any suggestions for a theme song are welcomed. Right now, the front-runner is ‘Hypnotize’ … because that’s what I do, it just is.

Typed Stats? Bio? Greatest party moments? I got that shit on Lock-Down yo. Much too crazy to discuss in what I consider a relatively public avenue (this blog). But I assure you … this is the stuff of champions. There are several ‘medal winners’, but most notable is one that involved me chasing (I mean literally, running) after a group of ‘sorority sweethearts’ … and I think they got fed up of running or finally (?) figured out that they outnumber the crazy man behind them … and decided to turn around and chase me instead. I know it sounds weird, but at the time it seemed like a good idea … AND … it was my graduation night … so surely, I’m excused. Call now…RIGHT NOW … and we WILL divulge another ‘greatest party moment’ … ABSOLUTELY FREE! (This one involves a crowded Blacksburg, VA nightspot, Parents, grandparents, and … Missy Elliott) ... but you must call RIGHT NOW.

Signature moves? This spells trouble, I said I was 'back' but I don't wanna be sent back to not being back (think about that one). No sweat, I got this on lock down too. I'm prepared to be called-out ... heck, depending on the song, I might have to call some folk out myself... (but as salt 'n' pepa would say ... Hold up, Hold up, This dance ain't for everyone ... ONLY the sexy ones).

The current plan is to drive up on Friday after work … or … if I can convince D.C. (my boss) it might be a good idea to go early afternoon on Friday to avoid NJ turnpike bullshit. So D.C. if you’re reading this … you have the opportunity to make “Good Friday” into a “Better Friday”... Make it happen ... MANIFEST the lucid dream into a reality. Catch my drift?

Depending on the extent of response (if any) I might add one more post before Friday to confirm what my theme song is/ any last minute updates. I might even decide to share my “typed stats” and bio … but we’ll see.

Sorry for the extra long weekend of not writing, I'll keep things moving a bit faster.

Holla.

Note: If you're wondering, K.M. does not make this up ...Lithuanians don't fudge the truth ... There ARE "sweat bands", "Dance-Offs" and "Cielings" ... Oh and "copious" is an everyday word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blogarama